Sunday, March 29, 2009

Googled myself

After reading Ariel's blog I decided to find out just what was out there about me on the World Wide Web. To my surprise it wasn't much. 
First, I googled "Lizzie Walker". Nothing about my real self turned up on the first 3 pages of the google search. But, at the bottom of the first page, this lovely blonde, who shares my name had this to say about herself. 

"I like laughing at fat people, ugly people, old people falling over. That sort of thing." 





Next, I googled "Elizabeth Walker". Again, nothing about my real self. 
Lastly, I googled my full name, "Elizabeth Ashley Walker". And on the 4th page, after looking over Elizabeth Ashley Photography, Elizabeth Ashley the actress and Elizabeth Ashley poetry,I found  my real name, associated with my real self on App's Dean's List from previous semesters. 
Even though this simple Google search didn't come up with easy-to-find information on me, I am in no way convinced that it isn't on the Internet somewhere. I may have done a good job protecting myself from being found now, but that doesn't mean it will last forever or that someone actually looking hard enough will not find me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment