Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Well I don't know who Edward Bernays is...."

Good morning. 
"Well... I don't know who Edward Bernays is." These were the words that my Public Relations Writing teacher said this morning at 8 am. In Jakki's "CEO Bio" I wrote that her influences were Edward Bernays, "The Father of Public Relations." And points were deducted from my paper because  she said that the title, "Father of Public Relations" was inappropriate and unprofessional. I challenged this because Edward Bernays is the Father of Public Relations. My teacher almost laughed at me when I explained to her that he founded public relations she looked at me blankly. As a PR professional and a PR teacher, I think you should know who, at least started your profession!!! As I am sitting in her class, I keep having to minimize my blog so she doesn't come over, see that I am writing about her ignorance and force me to challenge her again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment